Work Study Policies
- Annually complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. Submit all required documents so Financial Aid Office can determine eligibility for work study.
- Remain enrolled at least half-time (6 hours in fall/spring, 3 hours in summer) for Federal Work Study. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Meet COTO Satisfactory Progress requirements.
- Before beginning work, sign Work Study Contract provided by the Financial Aid Office and complete necessary documents in HR Office. Then Payroll will issue time cards.
- Upon resignation or dismissal from a work study assignment, not eligible for another work study position in the same semester.
- Do not disclose confidential information.
- Be willing to work.
- Be prompt and reliable in attendance and work scheduled hours until the end of the semester.
- Notify supervisor prior to any absence.
- Dress appropriately for job in which employed. Represent College of the Ouachitas in a positive manner.
- Meet policies provided by department.
- Time card due dates and payroll check disbursement dates are provided by Payroll.
- Supervisor must keep adequate time and attendance records.
- Student paid only for hours worked in accordance with the work study contract.
- Current wage of $8.50 per hour is subject to change by state/federal minimum wage laws.
- Discuss any conflict or misunderstanding of work policies or regulations first with immediate supervisor. Unresolved issues may be referred to Financial Aid Office.
- Provide a ten (10) minute break for student worker who works three consecutive hours.