Technical Certificate in Cosmetology
This program consists of 1500 contact clock hours which is equal to 49 semester credit hours and is designed to prepare students for the Arkansas Board of Cosmetology licensing examination and for successful entry level work in the profession of cosmetology. The Cosmetology curriculum is based on clock hours and classes in this program end approximately one week later than other COTO classes.
Cosmetology Entrance Requirements: This is a competitive program and not all students who apply are guaranteed admission. If accepted into the program, students must purchase a cosmetology supply kit. Students must complete all College general entrance requirements and submit all of the following paperwork prior to the stated deadline for Cosmetology students.
- An Application for Admission AND a Cosmetology Application for Admission
- $20 fee for a State Board of Cosmetology student certificate
- Two copies of a signed social security card
- Two official copies of a high school transcript or G.E.D. scores and immunization records
- Score 65 or above in Reading on the Accuplacer Placement Test or 17 on the ACT
- Copy of Arkansas State drivers license
Technical Certificate in Cosmetology Instructor
The Cosmetology Instructor program is designed to train licensed cosmetologist to become certified instructors of cosmetology. Students will take 24 semester hours of coursework for a total of 600 contact hours as required by the State Board of Cosmetology. Students must be a licensed cosmetologist, 21 years of age or older, and have approval of the instructor.