ADA/Section 504 Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates college programs to assure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Sections 501 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Coordinates college policies and procedures relating to persons with disabilities, tracking college progress relating to its policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws relating to person with disabilities, filing all necessary reports, and providing consultative services to employing units and offices.
Specific Job Duties
- Serve as the principle planning coordinator for college programs, policies, and procedures relating to the college compliance for persons with disabilities.
- Ensures that appropriate processes are in place to provide prompt and equitable resolutions of complaints and inquires from campus employees and students, as well as public compliance with ADA.
- Makes final determinations regarding allegations of discrimination and non-compliance with ADA laws or regulations.
- Maintains current information regarding state and federal laws and regulations concerning the rights of persons with disabilities and ways of providing reasonable accommodations to person while maintaining program performance standards.
- Serves as the central intake for matters concerning ADA and facilitates activity and the flow of information among various college offices.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, or have a question regarding the rights of individuals under the ADA or Section 504, please contact the ADA/Section 504 coordinator:
One College Circle
Malvern, AR 72104