Tutor Job Description
• Is tutoring for you?
• Do you enjoy helping others?
• Are there certain classes that you really enjoyed?
• Would you like work experience that looks good on a resume or college application?
Provide individual and small group tutoring to students. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to classroom teaching. Tutors are not expected to know everything about the subject for which they tutor.
• Anatomy and physiology I & II
• College Algebra, Basic and Intermediate math, and Quantitative Literacy
• Composition I & II, World Literature I and II
• Biology, Astronomy, Environmental Science
• An A or B grade in the course(s) to be tutored and instructor recommendation.
• Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature.
• Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The college also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The college will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with three professional references to Kori Clayton (hr [at] coto.edu) and Crystal Lewis (clewis [at] coto.edu).