Pay grade- Entry Level C108 $9.99 hourly, Extra Help
Hours: Monday-Friday, Variable hours up to 20 hours weekly
No employment benefits included
Employment is not permanent, and the position will be eliminated when the work is finished.
Perform required duties indoors and outdoors, exposed to inclement weather, loud noise, and other adverse working conditions.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs., climb up and down stairs and ladders, work in attics, crawl spaces, storage spaces, and confined spaces.
Assist Maintenance Specialist with general maintenance as directed or required.
Assist Institutional Services with lawn care and maintenance as directed or required.
Assist with facilities and room set-up and breakdown for events, including transporting, assembling, moving, and setting up chairs and tables, on and off campus.
Assist in shipping, receiving, and distribution of freight.
Perform general maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Assemble, install, move, and dispose of furniture and appliances;
- Perform operator level vehicle repair, cleaning, and servicing;
- Paint facilities, rooms, offices, parking lot, property, and equipment, interior and exterior;
- Pick up trash inside/outside to keep the campus clean;
- Perform general cleaning and repair of facilities, rooms, restrooms, equipment, and tools;
- Intense physical labor to inventory, collect, move, and dispose of excess or inoperable property;
- Perform other related duties/tasks as assigned.
This is a general description of work that may be performed, and does not constitute an employment contract. Contact Danny Cottrell in Maintenance, (501) 332-0257, dcottrell [at] coto.edu for more information or to apply.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The college also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The college will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.