HEALTH SCIENCES EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
OUACHITA CAREER CENTER
College of the Ouachitas in Malvern, Arkansas, is accepting applications for a full-time Health Sciences Education Instructor at the Ouachita Career Center located in Malvern, Arkansas.
- Instructional duties regularly associated with instruction of high school students.
- Lesson plan development to align with the Arkansas Department of Career Education’s frameworks
- Community and sending school partnership development activities
- Professional membership and instructional duties associated with SkillsUSA education & competition
- Research & organize educational field trips and guest speakers to provide exposure to various health science professions
- Align frameworks with college-level requirements to provide Concurrent Credit in addition to high school credit
- Attend faculty and staff meetings, professional development trainings, and state health science meetings
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the health sciences field
- Must be committed to student success & partnership development with community, sending schools, and parents
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Must possess a current professional medical license
- Must possess an Associates degree or higher
- Must have 3 or more years of experience working in the health care field
- All college licensing requirements must be fulfilled within two years of hire date
- Must be eligible to obtain Tech Permit 611, a technical teaching permit administered from the Arkansas Department of Career Education. Requirements include, but are not limited to:
o Passing state and federal background checks, as well as Child Maltreatment background checks
o Membership of and Attendance at Chapter Management Institute for SkillsUSA
- LPN or RN licensure or a Master’s degree in a related field
- Hold a current Arkansas Career Education Tech Permit 611
- Have 5 years or more experience working in health care
- Have 2 or more years of experience teaching high school students
For more information contact Ms. Kim Roberson, Career Center Director, at 501-332-0276 (office) or you can email kroberson [at] coto.edu.
Please send a cover letter detailing why you are an ideal candidate for the position, current resume, and three names of reference to hr [at] coto.edu. The salary for this position is highly competitive and commensurate with educational background, training, and experience and is complemented by a competitive benefit package. Application review will begin May 14, 2018.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The College also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The College will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.