The Administrative Specialist III is responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches and analyzes data pertinent to work programs and/or agency/institution goals and objectives and prepares reports explaining findings and recommendations.
- Assists in developing or revising policies, procedures, and directives based on research findings; submits to supervisor for approval.
- Compiles financial information used by supervisor to formulate budget proposals and monitors expenditures to ensure optimum operating efficiency.
- Reviews and answers or prepares correspondence relating to clinical agency/institution programs.
- Interprets agency administrative directives, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent application.
- Provides information, assistance, and clarifications to interested parties concerning Health Science programs, policies, and procedures.
- Assists supervisor by maintaining leave records, appointment calendar, and prioritizing incoming correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of work-related subject area.
- Knowledge of research and analysis techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports.
- Ability to research and analyze related work program information.
- Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics.
- Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
Required Education and Experience
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working directly with students
- Experience working with clinical facilities
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The typical working environment for the Administrative Specialist is an office setting. The Administrative Specialist may also meet at various locations in order to satisfy certain obligation for the position.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The college also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The college will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with three professional references to Kori Clayton (hr [at] coto.edu) by June 02, 2017 before 4:30 p.m.