College of the Ouachitas in Malvern, Arkansas, is seeking a talented, visionary Director of Adult Education. This is a high visibility leadership position working directly with a team of successful-minded educational leaders in a fast-paced environment.
The Director of Adult Education is responsible for the oversight and daily operations of Adult Basic Education, General Adult Education. English as a Second Language, Wage™, and Correctional Education in Hot Spring, Grant, and Clark counties. Duties of the position include:
- Hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling of Adult Education personnel.
- Preparing and maintaining the Adult Education budget.
- Preparing and submitting required reports.
- Promoting Adult Education.
- Networking with other area service agencies.
- Attending all Adult Education Administrator meetings and trainings.
- Serving as a member of the Instructional Affairs committee.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: a Master’s degree in Education, Business, or a related field and an Adult Education Professional Licensure (or willing to attain within four years), three years of Adult Education or related experience.
Essential knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Adaptable to innovation and new methodologies.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Supervisory experience in an Adult Education program.
- Experience in providing professional development and training to staff.
- Experience in a community college setting.
The salary for this position is commensurate with educational background, training, and experience. Position will remain open until filled, with initial application reviews starting June 20, 2018. Hiring includes drug testing and background check. Please send a cover letter detailing why you are an ideal candidate for this position, a current resume, and three names of reference to: hr [at] coto.edu. For more information contact Pat Simms, Vice President for Academic Affairs, 501-332-0245 or pats [at] coto.edu.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The College also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The College will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.