College of the Ouachitas in Malvern, Arkansas, is seeking a talented, visionary Coordinator of Concurrent Enrollment/Arts and Sciences Faculty. This 10-month position works directly with a team of success-minded educational leaders in a fast-paced environment.
The Coordinator of Concurrent Enrollment/Arts and Sciences Faculty will coordinate COTO’s High School Concurrent (CEP) and Dual-Enrollment (DEAL) Programs and teach a 3 – 2 course load in his or her field of expertise. Duties of the position include:
- Administer the CEP/DEAL annual calendars which include planning discipline-specific professional development for instructors at the annual faculty dinner
- Maintain National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnership (NACEP) accreditation and serve as liaison to state and national organizations
- Serve as the liaison to CEP/DEAL high schools and make site visits as needed
- Plan CEP/DEAL course offerings in conjunction with high schools and the Dean of Learning
- Coordinate the CEP/DEAL enrollment process with Student Affairs and the high schools on application, testing, registration, and document collection
- Manage the CEP/DEAL classroom course observations and student evaluations
- Communicate with the Business Office on appropriate charges to be billed to each school district
- Revise and maintain paperwork associated with the Memorandum of Understanding between the College, the high schools, and students/guardians
- Communicate textbook requirements to the high schools with assistance from the Arts & Sciences Adjunct Faculty Coordinator and bookstore manager
- Serve as budget manager for DEAL/CEP monies
- Report program data to internal and external constituents
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications for this position include a master’s degree with 18+ graduate hours in a specific discipline. Preferred qualifications include at least five years of higher education teaching experience.
Required knowledge and skills include:
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and effectively present information to students, staff, management, and public groups
- Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing, and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and projects
The salary for this position is commensurate with educational background, training, and experience. Position will remain open until filled, with initial application reviews starting March 22, 2017. Hiring includes drug testing and background check. Please send a cover letter detailing why you are an ideal candidate for this position, a current resume, and three names of reference to: hr [at] coto.edu . For more information contact Tricia Baar, Dean of Learning, 501-332-0238 or tbaar [at] coto.edu.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The college also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The college will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.